- 21/07/2014 Caerphilly couple give new meaning to 'pop in for a cuppa'
- 21/07/14 Ready, Set....Cheese - Book your place in the Great Cheese Race Now!
- 18/07/2014 Caerphilly is ready for a cheesy weekend!
- 28/06/2014 Say cheese when you visit Caerphilly
- 04/07/2014 Visitors to Caerphilly can now enjoy Tilley's Cafe on a Sunday!
The County Borough of Caerphilly, in the heart of Southern Wales.
Located in the heart of Southern Wales and only 20 minutes drive from Wales' capital city - Cardiff. The stunning Brecon Beacons National Park is on the doorstep, along with many great attractions, walking and cycling routes.
80% of the land is countryside, making the county borough of Caerphilly a playground for outdoor activities. Visitors can discover walking trails and paths that meander along the contours of the Welsh hills, offering breathtaking scenery. For the more adventurous there's abseiling, quad biking, horse riding, canoeing, orienteering, survival skills, archery and clay shooting.
The County Borough of Caerphilly has a strong and proud heritage, just like the magnificent Caerphilly Castle, Wales' largest castle (which has a tower that outleans that of Pisa by the way!). Encircled by mountains Caerphilly is an area of outstanding natural beauty - a paradise for lovers of nature and the great outdoors.
Excellent locally produced food is available in abundance, we even have our own world famous 'Caerphilly Cheese', which is celebrated during the annual Big Cheese Festival at the end of July. Castle Chocolates, our local chocolate maker has the most delicious truffles which make the perfect gift - or just pure self indulgence!
You'll not be stuck for choice when it comes to somewhere to stay, with 4 star B&B's, larger luxurious hotels and self catering cottages to choose from.
Use this website to explore and enjoy Caerphilly and the surrounding area before you visit.
The County Borough of Caerphilly, in the heart of Southern Wales. Statistics: 52821 views since 01-Jan-2014
- The Valleys official visitor guide website
- Visitor information for all Wales
- Southern Wales Tourism
- Southern Wales Atttractions
- Caerphilly Visitor Guide 2014
- See the South Wales valleys
- See The Big Cheese in Caerphilly!
- The Valleys brochure 2014
- Fun packed Summer! Attractions & cycling in the Valleys!
- Escape to... 5 - 8 mile circular walks in Caerphilly County Borough
- Stride Out on Three Ridgeway Walks in the County Borough
- Loops and Links
Photography: © Crown copyright (2009) Visit Wales